Gun Violence Prevention
I’m proud to have earned an “F” rating from the NRA. They’ve never offered me money, and I would never accept. We’ve lost too many lives to gun violence and suicide by gun. Minnesota must take the lead by implementing strong measures for gun violence prevention, including:
- Banning assault weapons.
- Asking law enforcement to intervene in situations where a person who possesses or is looking to purchase a gun is considered a threat to themselves or their community.
- Restrictions on magazine capacity.
- Requiring built-in safety measures that limit accidents and holding gun manufacturers responsible if that standard isn’t met.
- Requiring universal background checks.
- Lifting the ban on researching gun violence as a public health issue.